Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Miss Attittude


Miss Attitude, as I am referring to her this morning. Today is picture day. She wanted to wear my heels at any cost. I told her "no" this is where the meltdown happened. She decided to wear her black t-shirt that says something about sarcasim. I again said "no". I can't begin to tell you how that made her feel. She came down stairs with a nice outfit, but declared she was wearing her hair how she wanted to. Now normally I let her dress and wear her hair how ever she wants, but come on it's picture day. That school picture will be on my wall for the whole next year. She goes to put on her makeup and the foundation spills (my fault), she opens her lipstick and I quote, "mom did somebody eat my lipstick" (it appears it may have melted) again (my fault), and what picture day would be complete without a brand new blemish (a monster size mosquito bite right on her cheek) again (my fault). By the time she left for school she grabbed the hairbrush and was putting her hair in a pony tail at the bus stop. I wouldn't say this is going to be the best school picture day ever, but I will proudly hang it up on the wall nonetheless. I feel like like I have been attacked by a pack of starving wolves, and it was just my baby girl getting ready for picture day.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I can't wait to see Mom's comment on this post! I'm pretty sure the same situation happened between the two of you a couple of times. She'll still look more than beautiful with her bus stop ponytail!

Anonymous said...

Well, well the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree, now does it? And all ever wanted was a picture on my wall of Michelle smiling. Wendy was always photogenic (the video coming out of the show, fulling dressed?)But Michelle always hated having adults notice her and the world ended for me on picture day...or maybe a trip to the mall to try on cloths. Michelle was so beautiful just like Madeline.
Would someone tell me why the hate their pictures taken? Love ya both.

Anonymous said...

ps...should be shower, now show. sorry...long day

Emily Jade said...

ALL of my kids school pix are pretty funny this year...Allyson looks like she's in shock, Melyssa's got the goof look, Jillyans hair loolks like a helmet and Evan looks like he has no neck. They all wanted retakes. I vetoed this - I love the goofy pictures!!!