Friday, October 26, 2007

Papaw is in town


Papaw came in to town today, and the kids were very happy to see him. (and so was I) Dad brought up the 4 wheeler and was teaching Maddie how to drive it, and letting us all have some fun. Dad took me out before the kids got home. I didn't really want to, because it really wasn't my thing, but I did. I had a really good time. Of course I wouldn't take it over 10 miles per hour, that was plenty fast for me. I hadn't rode one since I was a kid. It was fun. I had to take Maddie to the doctor tonight as soon as she called me from practice (she made the team by the way). She was not feeling real good, and she was complaining about her chest. The doctor changed some of her medicine, and we are going to see if that helps. Anyway, when I got back Brandon was already driving himself on the 4 wheeler. He respected it enough to not drive
super fast. He was doing a great job. Papaw convinced Maddie to go for a ride. She loved it, but Papaw said she's not ready to ride by herself yet. She goes way to fast, and isn't paying attention to where she's going. (We ran into this problem with her with the lawnmower already) We had a great evening with dad. It was nice having him around tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what family is all about..enjoying each other, making memories! Congratulations Madeline on making the team...keep trying on that 4 wheeler..you'll get it! (you too Shell) We all knew Bub would, he's like Aunt Poohie, it comes natural.

Emily Jade said...

10 mph? I'm gonna have to have a chat with your children...
This is one HUGE thing that I miss - no ATVs or dirtbikes for us. There simply isn't anyplace to ride them. It's sad. Apparently, my kids will get to ride my Dad's mini-horses this summer (how that's going to work - I have NO idea)...

Emily Jade said...

OMG - I totally forgot!!

CONGRATULATIONS MADS!!!!!