Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Madeline's Weekend

Madeline's weekend started off concerning me as I have already stated in an earlier post. She made the basketball team, but got sick right before practice and I had to take her in to the doctors. She had a virus, but was having breathing problems. The doctor had to change her medicine for her asthma. The dose was uped yet again. I don't like the medicine, but it works. Her hardest times of the year is spring
and late fall. Come December we may be able to bring some of the medicine down. The doctor encouraged her to still be active this weekend so that was what she did.

She enjoyed all the company this weekend, and enjoyed having so much fun with her cousins, but was very tired come Sunday night. She had so much fun, but kept worrying about her projects she had due later in the week. She is the type of kid that has color coded note cards, an agenda filled with exact details, and keeps goal dated records of how far she needs to be by this date and so on.

I tried including everyone this weekend, and making it fun for each and every one of them, but MY children try to disappear from me when we have company over. It's the way it's always been. If I'm spending time with someone my kids take off with the other ones. I asked my kids if they had fun this weekend, and they said of course we did. I say but I feel like I didn't get to spend enough time with you. The response usually goes like this "of course you did" or " you spent plenty of time with me". I guess as they get older they want to do fun things, but are cool with you not being right on top of them. I'm not sure I agree with that statement, but I'm learning.




4 comments:

Wendy said...

Maddie is so really so special. I just love that girl to pieces! And I love that last picture of her. Her worry about her school projects was probably incredibly increased when she discovered that Papaw, Sienna, & Levi had all been in her notebooks!!!

Anonymous said...

Madeline is turning into a beautiful young lady.I'm so proud of that girl.

Emily Jade said...

GO. GET. HER. ALLERGY. TESTED.

Unknown said...

I hear you the book is on its way for allergists(?)