Sunday, October 14, 2007

Anger


Have you ever had an angry day? I'm sure you have. I've been on a small mission lately to try a little self improvement. This is an area in myself that needs a little attention.
I have been noticing in myself that when I get angry it is hard for me to bounce back. For example if I have a bad walmart experience and I continue to talk about it to friends and family that anger seems to keep growing. I want to change that about myself.
When someone intentionally or unintentionally hurts my feelings I instantly lash out. Sometimes it's best to just ignore things, but I've been bottling things up for years. It's starting to effect me.
Sometimes an angry day turns into angry days for me. Not to mention once I'm angry about one thing I have a shorter fuse about getting angry quicker with other things. There are certain things that I actually stay angry about for years. I can't continue to let these things grow within me. Today I'm forgiving all of the hurt and pain others have caused me, and taking responsibility for my own anger. Today will be a fresh start AGAIN for me, and just maybe today will be different.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Scared of you! You go girl!! Self improvement is always a good idea for all of us!

Anonymous said...

Not just you, Michelle, but ALL of us fight our anger issues, one way or the other. The bottom line, no matter who made us angry, is that the battle is fought on the inside of each of us. Anger is unresolved pain, so we do have to forgive, and love unconditionally, daily. It's easier said than done, but I believe in you!

Anonymous said...

Go for it, Michelle. If we all had your attitude, the world would be a better place to live! (You have the nerve to at least express your self, and want to do something about it!)

Danielle said...

Ya...I have no patience. But I am not about to ask God for more patience. I figure his answer was to give me a patient husband :)

Emily Jade said...

I agree with Danielle...

Self improvement? We all try that one and different times in our lives. I say go for it - and I'm really proud that you haven laid anyone out at WalMart!! Good job Chelle :O)