Friday, October 19, 2007

Combine Season



Here it is combine season. What does combine season mean to me? I'll be happy to tell you. My allergies go crazy when the combines begin harvest picking. Combines are everywhere, right along with tractors, huge wagon looking things, and semi trucks..... everywhere meaning my driveway and backyard. These combines may look small in the photos, but they are huge! I won't even let the kids outside when they are out. Now when the photos were taken it was there last day out (I think). Mainly they run at night. These things have lights! Last year was the first year we had moved back to the country, and I was alarmed when I seen these things out at night. When they run at night they all come in our driveway to load the harvest into the semi's, and use the barn hoses to clean off the combines. It looks like a carnival of lights outside at
night. Of course the farmers are not the quietest at night. I think they think they are not being loud. This year it was refreshing seeing them come. They had a good harvest, and were excited. They waved more this year, and tried to be a little quieter. It was all good. My allergies are better this year than last, which is great. Country life is getting better, and I'm not half as scared as I use to be. It's okay that the cows moo, and that there isn't a sidewalk out front, and the combines harvest at night. It's a different life, not a bad one.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I don't care what you say. Those combines are scary and creepy. I do not like pulling in your driveway and seeing those big humongous monsters.