Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cousins


Here's the two oldest. My oldest daughter, and Pooh's oldest daughter. These two share a lot of similarities, such as, they both have more of an easy going outlook on life for the most part. (By the way Sierra love your new hair cut) .


Wendy and me have raised our children together, meaning the kids are around each other all the time. (and let me mention they all think it should still be more) They feel for one another no matter the ages. Example if Levi or Sienna has a bad day my two wants to know why and what happened and what's being done to comfort them, etc. That bond is even more intensified with Sierra. Brandon and Sierra go to the same school so there is more of a protect mode there. Last year Madeline was at the school with them and Sierra was having a go around with an older girl on the bus. Madeline didn't hesitate letting the girl know Sierra was family and to leave her alone. I thank God for the bond our family has.

All this being said I have to mention my own cousins. Right now there is a family member who is very ill. My mom, my cousin Shawna, and myself went to visit him yesterday. My heart was heavy for my cousin Danielle. I haven't seen Danielle for awhile, and 15 years before awhile, but my heart was still attached to her after all these years. Yes we've all changed somewhat, and our lives are on their own paths, but there is something about being with your cousins that pauses time for a bit. I love ya guys always have and always will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I get older, I find myself depending on my daughters more. Today Wendy is going to the airport to pick up my mom and dad. Michelle came up yesterday and helped me do alot of things. I'm very independent and it's hard to realize that's the season of life that I'm in. I thank God everyday for the closeness of my daughters. I couldn't be more proud of them! I love my family. They are my world.

Wendy said...

Very nice post Shell. There are alot of similarities between Maddie and Sierra. I know what you mean about our cousins. We have so many and get to see so few but when we do get to see them it's almost like being in a time warp! It's really nice.

Anonymous said...

Love it but you really didn't put anything about me and the picture had me in it and I didn't like that.

Danielle said...

ahhhh...that's so nice! I made the blog! it is always nice to see you guys. Thanks for coming, by the way.