Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Family Medical History


In the top picture is the Bledsoe clan. My great grandmother Sadie is in the back row (L-R) fourth one from the left slightly in the back. My great grandfather Lloyd is in the bottom row I believe he is right in the middle. (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong) I wish I could tell you who everyone else in the picture is, but no one has let me know that yet. My great grandparents, the Bledsoe's spent lots of time with me. I still have very fond memories of spending time going over Mamaw Bledsoe's frog collection asking her about each one of them, and I remember the first time she let me thread a needle at the grown up quilting parties they had. Papaw Bledsoe used to sneak me a cookie every chance he got, and would take off with my dad to look at something or fix something so the women could talk.

The next picture is my great grandparents the Payne's. The woman is Nelly(I think) (I never met her). The man is my great grandfather Lonny Payne. Sadly my only memories of him was him being very sick, and letting my sister have a piece of his candy and not me. (I know selfish, I was a kid what do you expect)

Now all this being said brings me to the point of this post. While working on the self improvement thing I decided to have a check up at the doctors. When she asked me for family medical history I processed on down the list, and the doctor told me that very few people are able to go that far back in their family medical history. (This was on my mom's side). When we got to my dad's side I was able to go as far back as my dad. Even sadder yet I seem to get a lot of inherited medical genes from my dad. I may look a lot like my mom I may even act a lot like my mom, but my medical genes are seeming to come from my father.



4 comments:

Danielle said...

wow..I've never seen this pic. Do you have any more pictures of our great grandparents? Do you think you could email me that pic? I have a couple. And a couple of Papaw with his 2nd wife (those payne men loved to get remarried as soon as they lost a spouse! So just in case, we've already covered that topic with my dad!)

Ya, I seem to have inherited my medical history from my mom, but have my dad's personality...hmmmmm

Unknown said...

Danielle click on the picture and then right click on it and when the options come up click "save as" and it will automatically put it in your "pictures".

Emily Jade said...

Michelle - the computer guru...

These pix are really cool. I don't have a scanner...so no old pix for me :O(

Of course, I'd have to pry them out of my grandmothers hands first. The woman has very strong hands...

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed Michelle....I never thought you were listening when we were talking "old history".