Sunday, October 7, 2007

Day at Aunt Shell's




Today I got to keep my nieces and nephew for a few hours while Pooh went to pick up Mamaw & Papaw from the airport. I'm not gonna lie I'm a little tired, but we all had a great time. Maddie was a huge huge help with Levi, and Sienna ran with the big dogs today (Sierra & Bub). Surprisingly they included her, didn't fight with her, and showed her the ropes of trying to fly under the Aunt Shell radar. We went outside on a nature walk which we all learned a little something new. The grapes on the vines are much sweeter at Aunt Shell's than in the store. Sienna acted like every time she found a grape it was an Easter egg, excited for everyone she found. We continued on to the apple tree which Sierra climbed by herself. She loves that apple tree almost as much as Maddie does. Then we went to the hickory tree where Maddie showed me and the kids how to get the nut out inside the hull. Levi laughed every time Maddie opened one. (don't ask me why it was so funny) We walked back to the pond where Sienna said, "wow". It's a whole new world through the eyes of a child.
We then started to prepare for dinner, I took my time and let my nieces help. (my two just don't find it as fun as my nieces do) Levi made his way quickly to the fridge where he talked to the food inside and had a smile bigger than you could imagine. The kids worked as a whole unit today and I couldn't be prouder of all of them.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like the kids had a lovely day. That makes me very happy. However, I take serious issue with you allowing Levi to hang out in the fridge!! I have to fight him off with the broom to keep him out of mine! He has even figured out how to open it. Thanks for keeping the kids and giving them such a nice day today! :)

Emily Jade said...

OK - I can't keep the kids off the CPU long enough to upload any crappin' pix :O)
You have to be happy that the kids were there to appreciate the majic of a favorite aunts house. To this day, I remember mine! Here's to making memories :O)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures.....I have beautiful grandchildren, don't I?