Monday, October 22, 2007

Aunt Poohie Jr.


Here is some pictures of Bub cleaning out his pumpkin. He has a lot of his Aunt Poohie's qualities. Namely in the picture "the rubber gloves". She is a big rubber glove wearer. He didn't like the smell of the pumpkin. He couldn't imagine touching the pumpkin's insides without the gloves. He needed a towel over his lap just in case some of the pumpkin touched him. Normally the rest of us clean Bub's pumpkin out, but this year I told him he would have to do it himself. Brandon has always been the type of kid that wouldn't go in the kitchen if he didn't like the smell of what you were cooking. He wouldn't wear certain shirts if he didn't like the feel of them. Certain sounds will drive Brandon nuts. Sunlight will instantly make Brandon tear up. These are just some of Bub's quirks. So I know it was a big
step for Bub to accomplish this task. I was very proud of him conquering the pumpkin.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good for Bub. I don't blame him one bit. Dave always tries to get me to help clean out the pumpkins. I don't. I take pictures and fetch napkins and such. This year, he let me sleep in while him and Sierra did it. Sienna didn't want to touch all the nasty stuff inside. So she provided a little entertainment for them while they did the pumpkins. She sang and danced and Levi watched from the chair and Mommy slept. Best pumpkin carving ever.

Good thinking on the gloves! Way to go Brandon! This is just one more reason why that boy is so special to me!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.