Thursday, October 18, 2007

Progress is being made


Okay as some of you know I've been making a determined effort on some much needed self improvement. I have done some soul searching and come up with some inner things I'm working on. I've went as far as to make a doctor's appt. as a little kinda check up (my blood pressure as been a little up lately). Not only did I make the appt., but I went to the appt. I didn't hold anything back, I was HONEST with the doctor. Have even made an appt. for a long overdue gyno visit. And hold on to your seats for this next one.... even doing some weight watchers. I have even received and read the literature on quit smoking. (One step at a time)


The inner improvements my kids are quick on keeping me in check about. The doctor prescribed me some medication for daily treatment on my migraines, and it also should help my blood pressure. (Last night my blood pressure was 123/80) I was extremely pleased to say the least, and I didn't have one headache yesterday which means no ibuprofen was used. (which makes my liver happy). I have faithfully stuck to my weight watchers diet plan for four days now, and have even exercised. I have even filled out the checklist, and questions to ask myself in the smoking literature. (This is a huge step for me. Asking myself questions that I have never even wondered about before is a good step).
It has become very real to me that I am not invincible. I am starting to get a touch older, and need to be somewhat more responsible with my health. As a mother when your kids are born you start becoming more responsible in all kinds of areas in your life. Most of us drive a little safer when our babies are in the car (you know who you are that don't). You try your best to be more secure, and stable in choices, finances, picking the best schools, etc. for your children. You focus so much on what's best for your child that sometimes you get lost yourself. I have put others first for so long that I thought my day would come eventually. I can still make good decisions for my family, and do a little maintenance on myself. It's just taken me awhile to realize that it can be done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you Michelle

Danielle said...

Good for you, Shell! My big workout motivator is a good book or a good podcast. I always look forward to putting on those tennis shoes if I know I am going to be reading (on the treadmill) or listening to something I really like.

I am a weight watchers girl too. Unfortunately, it only works for me if I cut the points they allocate me WAY down. But its a good sense program.

Good luck with the self improvement!

Emily Jade said...

show off...

Go on with your bad self girl!!!