Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sierra Rose

Sierra's weekend at Aunt Shell's started early Saturday morning. Papaw brought her over first to ride with the kids. She had some coat issues right away. "Aunt Shell mom couldn't find my regular coat, and gave me this one." I said okay. She replied with, "please find me another one." She ended up taking Papaw's coat and was quite happy. Sierra cares a lot about how the coat looked. She didn't care if it was warm or not. They rode most of the day with hot chocolate breaks when their noses got cold.

As Sierra and Bub get older I've been calling them 'Bonnie and Clyde' mainly because they are always together and are constantly coming up with things to do, good or bad. Bub has gotten to the point that he knows if Sierra had a good day at school or not depending on the look on her face and the wave she gives him at the end of the day. After 4 wheel riding they instantly brought out the board games. We ordered pizza the kids ate, and then it was dance time. The girls love to dance. They will dance and dance, especially if the grown up are watching. I'm sorry I didn't get one of the best moments caught on camera. It was when Sierra started singing Respect by Aretha Franklin. She had the attitude to go right with the song. They loved
singing and dancing.
The next line of business was Aunt Shell promised to play 'spoons' with the kids. Sierra had never played before, but was eager to learn. The kids LOVED this. There was so much laughing, and carrying on. Sierra wanted to know why we hadn't taught her sooner. The next morning Papaw taught her and Bub new card games to play, and magic tricks to do. Sierra loved this. She did these magic tricks over and over, and was so proud she could do them. She wasn't about to tell Aunt Shell the secret to the magic tricks. I have been wanting to know them since I was a kid. Dad would never teach them to me, but Sierra he taught them to. I guess grandkids are different than your own kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sierra Rose...she's growing up too. The pink glasses make her look sooo grown up!

Wendy said...

He never would teach those tricks to me either. I tried to get the kids to teach me and they wouldn't either! Did you know that I don't know how to play spoons either.

Unknown said...

Aunt Tina taught me last year. I stress I'm 33 years old and bearly am being taught these things even now.