Tuesday, January 8, 2008

To Each His Own


Picture was from an email I recently received you can also find these statues in stores everywhere.
Okay moving on to the post..."To Each His Own". This particular topic would be referring to the undergarments we each choose to wear. My motto is clearly that everyone should wear whatever they want, however I do feel a need to defend my choices.
Recently my mom was having a discussion at my Aunt Doris's with the regular Sunday morning crowd when the discussion about underwear came up. To make the story short my mom volunteered the information that yes even Michelle wears thong underwear. I do, but that's not the point. I wear them because they make me feel pretty, I wear them because there is no panty line, I wear them because I want to. Thong underwear isn't a taboo or dirty thing...it's just underwear. I'm not 16 anymore I don't go around showing people my underwear....it's just about me and my underwear nothing more nothing less. All of this being said my mom did suggest that I should where hospital appropriate underwear for my surgery. I asked her what kind those was. Basically it was something that covered everything no feeling pretty about them kind. After surgery I have to admit she was absolutely right. Full covering everything underwear is hospital appropriate. After surgery I just wanted to be covered and needed everything I could get. All that defending, and she ends up being 100% right about this particular area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Appropriate underwear" has been passed down from generation to generation. You are out of your "comfort zone" in a hospital and nice new underwear makes anyone feel better! There is a little psychology
behind that!

Emily Jade said...

lol...I've been waiting for this post :O)