Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Love Of A Pet


I'm not a huge pet person, but I do love my cat. Her name is Kit Kat, and I let the kids get her to serve a purpose...catch mice. Something happened though she became more than a mouse catcher she became part of the family. Maddie picked her out last year from a farm with thousands (or so it seemed) of cats. She looked horrible. With lots of love and care she really evolved into a beautiful cat. She doesn't meow unless her food dish is low, or you are opening a can of tuna. She has never had an accident in the house. She catches mice. She's a keeper. She also has this one very special gift if any one of the family is sick she refuses to leave their side. It's almost like she can smell sickness or something. Well this morning I was having a hard time. I didn't tell anyone that I was feeling bad. Brian knew instantly when he seen the cat curled up on my hip that I wasn't doing so hot. The cat didn't leave my side all day. She is remarkable.

1 comment:

Emily Jade said...

awwww...I love pets. They never talk back and are ready to snuggle when you need it the most...