Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hallmark Calendar Day

(Picture is from an email I recently received. It saves as clip art which there seems to be all kinds of free clip art sites...interesting item to know.) Anyhow, moving on to the topic of today's post. Valentine's Day or as I refer to it as Hallmark Calendar Day. We do not celebrate this holiday, occasionally Brian has fallen under advertisement pressure and purchased a card, but overall we do not partake in this holiday. You will notice in the stores they move from one holiday to the next trying to move merchandise. Brandon has always loved to exchange cards with his classmates, and Maddie has always got a kick out of the hearts that have sayings on them. This year two days before my surgery I purchased window clings that said I love you and stuff on them. Why you may ask? I guess saying I love you should come all year long, and if a couple window clings helps me to remember to say it a little more often to the people I truly love that is a good thing. Take a little time this Hallmark Calendar season and say I love you a couple more times than usual to the ones you love.

1 comment:

Emily Jade said...

You are so on the ball about posting holiday meanings...I still have Christmas clings up, and here you go talking about V-Day. Yeesh. You're really making me look bad!!