Monday, January 14, 2008

Cleveland Trip



Yes I know the pictures could be a whole lot clearer, but from the car view this is the best I got. The first picture is the electric sign at Jacob's Field that shows the new name that was just announced last week PROGRESSIVE FIELD. This was a huge big deal to the sports fans in my house. Jacob's Field is the baseball park of the Cleveland Indians that my family love. On the other side of the park they were taking down the old sign and putting up the new one, Brandon was very happy to get to see this being done. The other picture is of Lebron James of the Cleveland Cavs that is plastered across a building. This is Madeline's favorite basketball player next to Shaq....again a huge deal for my sports family. It was very cold today and slightly snowing so walking around Cleveland today was out of the question for us. We did go to the West Side Market that was fabulous. This place has FRESH food to buy such as your veggies, meat, bakery, cheeses, herbs, coffee, breads, and of course candy. It was really nice for all of us, we got some things that we needed, and some items that we never get but always wanted to. My special purchase was a fresh pineapple I've never had pineapple unless it came out of a can. This was the sweetest thing I've ever tasted. The gentlemen even showed me how to cut it without hurting myself. (I've tried a coconut before and had the hardest time in the world getting into it). Overall it was a good day.

2 comments:

Emily Jade said...

I'm telling you...that fresh pinapple will eat your fingers!!

I can only imagine you with a coconut! I haven't bought one yet, mainly because I don't have the proper "machete" that is required to open it with (according to my husband, whose family owned a coconut plantation in the PI), and I don't want him to try using my really good big knife to open it :O)

Anonymous said...

Family....it's who we are...sticking together...doing the crazies together...and when you've done that it brings you closer...and a pinapple is more special than it's ever been. Understand?