Monday, January 21, 2008

After Many Sports...Mom Makes A Mistake




We do sports year round. Both children do their own sports year round. I drive each child to practices all year and their games. I think that my car is on automatic pilot to the school. After all these years and thousands of practices later....I messed up. I have calendars set up in almost every room to remind me of all the practices, games, non school days, extra activities, and so on. Yesterday we all got ready for Brandon's 3:00 game at Firelands. When we arrived there was Brandon's team leaving the court for half time. I couldn't believe that I was an hour late for his game. I was mortified. Brandon was a little salty at me. The coach was very understandable and we were fortunate that the coach still gave Brandon some playing time. It messed with me for the rest of the day. This morning I am ready to move on and stop apologizing for my one mistake in thirteen years with the kids sport schedules.

No comments: