Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Village is Gone


Photo was drawn by Maddie years ago on the drawing program on the computer.
Now on to the post. The village is gone. Bringing down the Christmas items included my village scenery. According to Madeline the bottom of the box dropped out and there went the glass village down the stairs. I can not express how I felt about hearing the village crash down the stairs. She managed to save the plastic bag of plastic trees though. Last year I bought the village (I have always wanted one). I felt my kids were finally old enough that I could have a village up. Sienna even loved the village she never broke anything she would like to rearrange the people in the village, but was always so very careful with them. Now we have a general store left, some people, a fire hydrant, and plastic trees. I will still put up the remaining items to the village, and slowly rebuild the village over the years.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I am so so sorry to hear about your village. My heart truly goes out to you. I'm sure you were completely devastated. Even more frustrating is that you can't be mad over an accident. But still your village is gone. My flag is hanging at half mast for you. This is a sad day.

Emily Jade said...

Oh Chelle...poor village. Maybe you can now guilt your children into buying you pieces for christmas for the rest of your life and you'll have a Christmas village the size of New York...