Wednesday, November 7, 2007

And All Is Erased



This week has been rough. Mood swings, nobody likes me, cursing issues, balls being brought into the house, boycotting chores, you don't understand me...this was just some of the kid issues. My issues were lack of getting to talk to Pooh, no help, heavy classwork, getting a cavity filled, and getting a 65 on my Anatomy 2 midterm. Now I aired all my business to tell you this. A mommy and children meeting was called to order to let the children know where I stand on some of the developing issues, I clearly let them know yet again what was acceptable behavior, and what was not. Eventually the children said okay they understood. I felt they did because Bub actually picked up his shoes and put them away, and in a rational voice Maddie said I have something to show you. She took out her report card and handed it to me. She made the honor roll. I almost cried. Brandon made the honor roll with a 4.0 and Maddie, my child that struggles made the honor roll. In that moment the whole week of ugh was erased, and all was okay. I didn't dwell on all the mistakes I had made, and didn't question myself on weather I was being a good or bad mom. It was all okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, honey...that's what family is.
The good, the bad, the ups and the downs. When you get the "good" it makes the bad go away. Hold on..life is good!