Friday, November 23, 2007

Sin vs. The Greater Good

Okay okay I can't take it anymore. I need to confess. I love all these kind words about me these last couple days, but I need to tell you how I've really been. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday especially this year. Yes of course it was because of being with all my family, but it was also because of one very selfish reason....food. This diet the last month has made me so hungry, and thinking of getting to eat whatever I wanted made me truly happy. There I confessed about my patience good attitude on Thanksgiving. Now on to today's happiness. I really enjoy Black Friday. I don't know why I just do. I have went to Black Friday's before with only $30. It's not the incredible saving as much as just being out there. Ten years ago I wouldn't have went, but now it doesn't matter what people think of me I go to have fun regardless of the insanity. I was happy today because one I got food yesterday, and I had my teeth in, my bra on, gloves, and a coat on. (I have forgotten each of these items on past Black Fridays before.) Now moving on to the title of this post 'Sin vs. The Greater Good'. This is a nasty little secret that I probably should keep to myself, but feeling the need to confess hear goes.
I was standing in a super long line at Kohl's. I was very upbeat I knew I would have to start high on positive thinking to make it through this line. A couple of women back began yelling at these people cutting in the line. Those cutting people yelled back that there was two lines. (There really wasn't) There came a point in the "two" lines that they merged. In my original line we had a choice to make merge, or create our own line . We choose to create our own line. The previous cutting in line people now began to yell. Keeping with my positive attitude I lied to these people at told them that a worker had told us to move into these two line, and they would have to voice their concerns with the staff. (This of course did not happen) The crowd instantly settled down and the yelling stopped. I have somehow justified this sin as helping the greater good. It was wrong of me this I know. I just couldn't help myself. So there it is the ugly truths of the good attitude, positive thinker, and hero. I had to confess you all realize that about me.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

You might have told a small lie in order to diffuse the situation but you're still my hero. After all, I encouraged the woman behind us to yell at the other people (in my defense I never thought she really would). So even with your little lie you still score higher than me!

Emily Jade said...

lol...too funny. The greater good trumps sin any day in my book!! Bad Christian...bad!!

Danielle said...

okay, my only comment on this post is, you had your TEETH in??