Monday, November 19, 2007

And so it begins


Tonight is the first scrimmage of the 7th grade girls basketball season. They are playing Huron at home at 5:00. I mention the time for a very important reason. Maddie has to be there no later than 4:15. I think it's silly to go back home. (yes it is) She says well mom I guess you can wait in the car till 5. (The mind of the youth) I let her know I will wait in the gym. Please....this is the perfect time to actually see and hear your child in their prime. If I'm good enough to wash and locate all your uniform parts then I'm good enough to wait in the gym.
On another note of interest she has finally hit the age where we have to pay to watch her play. I get the reasoning behind this, however, I think it's absurd to have to pay to watch your child do anything. Even the professional sports players moms don't have to pay to watch their children play. they usually get complimentary tickets. Sigh...there is no such thing for middle school sports.

3 comments:

Emily Jade said...

You have to post the results!!

You have to pay for everything. I'm suprised there isn't a cover charge to get into the school!!

Unknown said...

You've always had to pay to see people play, even at my volleyball games...at least we had bleachers though.

Unknown said...

I think that's what we have to pay for...being able to sit on the bleachers. And yes to sit on the bleachers instead of the floor I will pay.