Saturday, September 22, 2007

Running With The Big Dogs


This is what happens to your child after a good sleep over. This is how Maddie spent the second half of Brandon's game last Sunday. She spent the night with her friend Katie had a fabulous time, and then meet me at the game. I think sleepovers are a vital part of children growing up even if they are unbearable the next day. I've been teaching the kids about the old phrase, "when you run with the big dogs all night, be prepared to run with the big dogs the next day." Some of my best memories growing up were going to sleepovers, and having sleepovers. I will say however, sleepovers for Brandon are completely different no giggling involved.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

ahhh. I remember many a sleepover at your house and you at mine! Good times, good times...For some reason staying up all night has the complete opposite appeal that it used to, and I can do it now anytime I want to! It figures...

Emily Jade said...

I'm not gonna go there with the sleepovers at the Chaffins...jello anyone?

Anonymous said...

In defense of Madeline I will have to use of my frequent lines..."The apple doesn't fall to far from the tree"..
shall I say no more!