Monday, September 3, 2007

Chubby Girls Part 2


Back by popular demand is the chubby girl moments. Today's lesson will be what a chubby girl can do that skinny girls can't. Let me start off by telling you when this revelation hit me. Last summer a whirl wind of events came at me one after another. One day right after much turmoil I said to myself "Michelle, it's time to make some changes within yourself." Having the mind for self improvement lead me to shopping. While I was there they asked me to be in their Fall Fashion show, I calmly said to the petite little thing no thank you I get my clothes on the plus size section. Much to my surprise she said we have a plus size section because we have plus size customers, and we need plus size models for our fall line. Like a ton of bricks hit me in that moment I said you're right where do I sign up. Maddie signed up for the junior section, and we were booked. We received 40% off our clothing purchase the day of the show. I dreaded the fashion show, but I did it. That day made a difference in my life. I was proud again of myself, and that's what I needed at that time in my life. So onward with the list of what chubby girls can do that skinny girls can't:


  1. A chubby girl can model the latest fall fashions in the plus size section. Skinny girls don't eat because they fear the plus size section.

  2. A chubby girl can balance two crying children on her hips at the same time while opening a can of spaghetti o's and let them babies know every thing is going to be all right. Skinny girls don't have the hips to pull this off, and you know they will be crying with the children before the spaghetti o's are open.

  3. In my personal opinion a chubby girls joined together have more fun. Skinny girls are far to worried about what they look like to cut loose and enjoy life over pie.

  4. A chubby girl will try to push that furniture to a new location with her butt and legs. A skinny girl isn't even going to make that effort she will wait for her man to get home and help.

  5. And my favorite moment of this summer. A chubby girl who is determined to have fun will go down a water slide just to let herself know she can still do it. A skinny girl may lift her sunglasses while sun bathing to see what that splash was about.

The bottom line is have fun in this world no matter what you like. You only get one go around in this world.

5 comments:

Emily Jade said...

Chubby girls can also but granny panties without being embarrassed.

Chubby girls are harder to kidnap.

Chubby girls are a force to reckon with in a group.

Chubby girls can still run after their kids without squealing like a pig 'cause their stuff is flapping around. We're SUPPORTED BABY!!

Chubby girls are the best cooks - NEVER trust a skinny chef!

Danielle said...

My old roomate used to have a "list" Everytime she'd see something that shouldn't be done, she'd say, "put it on the list (for example, and my personal favorite) Never call a girl big, never call a girl dog, and NEVER call a girl Big Dog."

"The List" had a whole subcategory about big girls. Being big girls ourselves, we felt we had the right to put some items in this list. Not so unlike the chubby girl list

And I would like to amen the good sense that big girls are harder to kidnap...now that's a glass half full mentality! :)

Wendy said...

This one is something that a chubby girl should NOT do. Sometimes we need to know our limitations.

A chubby girl should never try to hula hoop. The hoop will not spin properly when cradled by fat rolls. Save this one for the skinny girls (and preferably stick straight, too).

Emily Jade said...

Ok Wendy...you'll appreciate this...

At our gym, we were cleaning up the floor to start cheer, and I was picking up the hula hoops. Joking - I acted like I was going to hula a little - just a horsing around moment. I looked over and was getting a look from the gym guy that was saying "yeah, right"...ooooo challenge...so I started to put it over my head, looked over at gym guy and asked him "Are you worried yet?" Totally deadpan, he said - "Nope. those hula hoops come apart."

Score:
Gym Guy = 1
Emily = 0

Wendy said...

Too funny Em! Hula Hoops are not designed for chubby girls.