Friday, September 7, 2007

Gadgets




Today's picture doesn't go with the post, but taking a picture of the gadgets I need to talk about I felt it would be like advertising so I didn't. There are a few gadgets in my life that make my life easier, and I thought I'd share them with you. This isn't the Oprah show so don't be looking for them in the mail. The first gadget is my griddle. This griddle is suppose to be used for making quick pancakes. It does that and more. I have cooked just about everything on this griddle. I have even made a stir fry on this thing. It's great. It's the one thing in my kitchen besides the fridge that I couldn't do with out.

Gadget number two: my digital camera. I need not tell everyone how great these are we all already know. I carry it everywhere. (yes, half the time I forget to use it) I am new to the digital camera world I admit.

Gadget number three: my wet n wild eyeliner (I know it's not a gadget but it's just that important to make it on the list). Yes I know I'm thirty something and still using this eyeliner, but I like it. For the life of me I can't remember who taught me to put on eyeliner, but whoever did taught me to light the end of the eyeliner before appling. This particular brand is one of the only ones that doesn't catch fire, and doesn't melt away. I've tried to use eyeliner like the magazines say and even wear it differently, but that way has never caught on for me.

Gadget number four: my two way mirror on a stand. Let's just say I appreciate that magnifing side with each passing year, and my daughter can't just walk away with it.

Gadget number five: my small double boiler. Yes it is the one you see on tv advertised with all the chocolate creations you can make.(Not that I got it there). It actually works close to what is is advertised. It is quick and easy, and makes christmas cookie time a hundred times easier.

Maybe blogging wasn't suppose to be about gadgets, but sometimes when you find something that works you should pass it along.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I agree with everything you said about each gadget except for the wet-n-wild eyeliner! THIS IS NOT A GADGET! And you already know how I feel about the wet-n-wild eyeliner!! STOP USING IT! And please, please, please STOP SETTING IT ON FIRE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gadgets are wonderful, and make life a little simpler, but the eyeliner....maybe we need to experiment with "new gadgets"...I didn't know the still made wet-n-wild. Life should be easier as we are limited more and more for time..so maybe an evening where grami watches the grandchildren is in order.. you and your sister go shopping for new makeup.....maybe try a product by Loreal..when's the last time you splurged on yourself, especially in the makeup department? Love...mom

Emily Jade said...

try Arbonne - worth EVERY penny...and hey, Wet-n-Wild still makes fun lip gloss too :O)

the gadgets I can't live without can't be published...

except of course, Baby Nikon

Anonymous said...

SHELL, REALLY ENJOYED THE SITE. WAS GLAD TO SEE SOME FLOWERS IN THE WHELL. PICTURES OF THE KIDS TOO, TAKE CARE AND KEEP POSTING, WE LOVE YOU GUYS. DAD