Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Better Late Than Never



This is my wheel that my dad made for me for my 30th birthday. It's special to me, primary because he made it for me. People have actually stopped by the house to ask me how much I wanted for this wheel. It has never been for sale, and money couldn't put a price tag on what it means to me. It just means that much to me.


Now all that being said I haven't put flowers in it for three years. Dad always wants to know why not. I tried once before, but I think it was too late in the year. Finally this past spring me and my niece, Sienna went to Mortensen's to get flowers. Going to Mortensen's Greenhouse as a kid was a great memory to me, and I wanted to share it Sienna was willing to share it with me. Going as an adult was a good memory too. Sienna loved all the pretty flowers, and I let her pick out the ones she thought would look the best. We brought them home, and Maddie, Sienna, and myself planted them. I have never been able to keep flowers alive, until this year. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt the difference was these flowers were bought, arranged, and planted with love.


The wheel still gets compliments now more than ever, but now the flowers get compliments too. The wheel continues to be more and more special to me for more and more reasons. Well dad I finally got the flowers to grow. (Not that your checking the blog)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That digital camera really comes in handy, doesn't it? Remember when you were not sure if you wanted one? Look how far you've come! Beautiful picture....and it's nice to see you're getting sentimental as you get older. Good things do come with age!

Love...Mom

Danielle said...

nice wheel! :)

Emily Jade said...

sooooo...do wheels come for kinda daughters too?