Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Little Inspiration




Inspiration, motivation, determination, love, support, and humor these are the qualities my sister gives to me everyday. Growing up we didn't get along half as good as we do now. We still get on each others nerves, but we take it with a grain of salt. Growing up we were taught about humor. Sadly, Mom would have to take us to a back room for laughing during a funeral, or make us leave the sanctuary during church for again laughing. As I have gotten older laughing has been the best coping mechanism I have to deal with life, and yes still to this day sometimes inappropriately. My sister has become a vital part of my life the older I get. Not just my world, but my children's world. She is the great Aunt Poohie. She has recently developed this very calming nature to deal with everything. Seeing her accomplish this makes me strive to become a little more calm myself. Her personality is contagious good or bad. I would like to take this post to say "thanks Pooh for just being you".

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Aaawwww. That is so sweet. You are a vital part of my life as well. No one compares to the great Aunt Shell who lets my kids paint, play with frogs, catch fish and all sorts of super fly fabulous fun things that they just don't get to do with Mommy!

Anonymous said...

My girls....growing up more and more...not about possessions....not about money.....but how we treat each other! I could not be prouder of both of them!

Emily Jade said...

my sister doesn't even read my blog...I feel so...deprived...

Danielle said...

Didn't your mom tie your pony tails together when you were little and would fight?? I credit your wonderful adult relationship to that. :)

Emily Jade said...

Oh Danielle...what a priceless memory - lol!! I'll have to try that!

See - I just left my sister a happy birthday message, and Chelle went and got all sentimental on me!

Anonymous said...

what, no update? neither one of my daughters updated today?