Saturday, September 15, 2007

Colonel Crawford





Today was my son's first fifth grade tackle football game. He is number 46 (not that you can see that in any of the pictures I took). He plays nose tackle on the defense (so I'm told). It looks like to me that he is in the center of the defensive line. They played against the Colonel Crawford Eagles. You may be asking where this is or at least I did when I heard we were playing them. This school is located in a little town called North Robinson. It is almost an hour and a half away from here. Yes, you heard me correct. This was an all day event for our family. The game started with warm up music on a high school field. Brandon had never played on such a large field before. (Not that I can remember) I took a picture of the other teams cheerleaders because I thought their mascot was adorable. We do not have 5th grade cheerleaders, nor do we have a mascot. For that matter I don't recall ever seeing the high school have a mascot on the field either. Anyway, the game started great here we go. I see my son make a tackle, I clap, and then I hear the announcer announce "number 46 for the Western Reserve Roughriders Brandon Morrow with the tackle". I had never heard my son's name announced over a PA system before calling the game. Like a ton of bricks I realize yet AGAIN my children are growing up. I don't know why it is bothering me so much lately, but it is. Will I move past this, of course I will. Sadly, we lost 28 to 6. The offense had a tough time with the snap today, and couldn't seem to stay on the field quite enough. Did my son have fun today? Yes he had a great time, and he didn't take the loss too hard. Overall a good day.

1 comment: