Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Birthday



Happy Birthday Dad! Yes, my card will be late this year. Not that my dad will read this post, but for my own conscience I'm going make this post anyway. Hands down my dad was a vital part of my growing up. He is the one that was always getting in trouble with us kids for laughing at funerals. He also taught me how to drive my first stick shift car. (Being a parent who has taught her daughter how to drive I now appreciate the fact that it wasn't easy for him) I know that my parents now have very separate lives, but they did right for me and my sister growing up. I have a lot of good memories. I wasn't one of those kids that was embarrassed about their parents. I loved the summers by the pool, and could guarantee that the summer holidays would be spent there as a family. The oldies would be cranked up loud, lots of laughing would be involved, mom's potato salad would be hit hard throughout the day, and a good time would be had by all. Happy Birthday Dad!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

well, in response to your post on my blog, I have to tell you that I just started scrapping in the book you got me for a baby gift. Alas, I waited to long to do the footprint thing and it's all dried up!! I was so sad. But I think I can get some other stuff at a craft store to replace it...i hope???

Emily Jade said...

Happy Birthday! and many more...

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Dad! We love and miss you!