Monday, December 31, 2007

WV Trip Part 1

My sister, our 5 kids, and myself took a road trip to see my dad in WV this past week. The trip started off pretty good. Of course all the children wanted to bring all their Christmas gifts with them, but we were limited on space so we allowed them one carry on bag plus the basics. (You need this information for later on posts)

Our first stop was lunch for the children we decided on Bob Evans for some gravy and biscuits. I haven't been to a Bob Evans in 15 years, and my children have never been. (The reaction from my kids....alright)


We discover along the way that the child that sits in the middle along the back seat gets in trouble the most. This held true with Bub, Sierra, and Sienna. Just one of those things that we had no idea why. We arrive in WV after several potty breaks and munchies later. (Out of 7 of us you know we couldn't have the same bladder holding tanks.)
Dad lives in a beautiful hollar completely isolated from the world. He enjoys this very much. There is more animals on that mountain side than the zoo. (I'm not kidding) He has seemed to make friends with them. I say this because they come right up to you. They don't scare easily. I was a little reserved about going outside, because Dad has told me all the stories of the bears this summer. It seems the bears had no problem walking right up on his porch and even looking in the windows. For him this is no big deal, for me VERY BIG DEAL. Anyway, Dad had made his famous deer jerky for us all. Everyone liked it, except Pooh. She doesn't like it, and don't trust Dad when he told her it was beef. She didn't fall for it when she was a kid, and she's not about to fall for it now.

2 comments:

Emily Jade said...

WHAT!?! You have to get sunshine skillets when you go to Bob Evans!! Yeesh.

Kid in the midle is always in trouble...if you had run your travel tips by me, I could have warned you...I think I have it mastered by now :O)

Emily Jade said...

BEARS?!? WTF!!!!!!