Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Heart Goes On


Sometimes as a parent you feel the love, sorrow, and compassion truly of your child. In fact as a parent you feel it a lot. Brandon has always been a child that has a strong emotional connection with others. He has a high level of empathy, and as a parent it breaks your heart when his breaks. He is my recycler that strongly worries about Mother Earth. Lately he has been under peer pressure. The other kids were teasing this kid about smelling bad. Brandon did not engage in this, but did not deter it. I talked to his Aunt Poohie about this. She talked to him in great detail. I myself kept wondering why my emotional connected to others child wasn't being sensitive to this other child. He came home Friday with the heaviest look in his eyes. I asked him what was wrong, and he let me know he felt very sad for this other child. He began telling me how he picked the child to be his partner in a class task. He continued with a very very sad story about this child's life. He wants to help this child and others like him. I would give all the details but it tears me up to bad. He has been coming up with ideas how to help other children all weekend. It is a side of humanity that every mother is honored to see in their child.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I am sooooo proud of Brandon. When you told me this story my heart swelled with pride but it broke at the same time for the other boy. Brandon is a very special boy.

Unknown said...

Brandon truly amazes me. He has the heart that although I strive to have, I will never match his. He is an extremely special individual, and I hope he never loses his care for others.

Emily Jade said...

awwww...per our conversation...

www.worldvision.org