Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Where There Is A Will There Is A Way

"Where there is a will there is a way." I use this saying a lot, however Brandon has truly embraced it. I started using this saying to encourage a positive outlook when the kids where younger and would say I can't do that I'm too little. Phrases like that is what inspired me to use that phrase. Brandon has taken it to an all new level though. Brandon usually thinks outside the box, and sometimes
WAY outside the box. He is one of the only kids I've ever known to be able to go to school and make money while he's doing it. Yes the easy way for him is to get good grades. BUT he tries to think in an enterprise kind of mindset. Now let me also say he is very good at math so he can quickly come up with the numbers, and figures to make anything sound good. A little girl was selling golf balls to friends and classmates that she had found behind her house. Brandon convinced her to cut him in on the business, and he would get pre orders, and a bigger market. Meaning he was going to advertise to the older grades. He convinced her to up her price on the golf balls so that would pay for his small fee of advertising for her. I of course did not know this till Maddie caught wind about this, and the teacher called. He does this kind of thing a lot. I am careful how I use this phrase now a days. I told you this story to give you an idea of how his little mind works.

Today Pooh gave Sierra some extra money for the game tonight. She didn't have any pockets so Brandon volunteered his. When Pooh told me this I was worried all day. I wasn't worried he would lose it, I was worried he may try to take her six dollars and turn it into more. I was so relieved when he came home and handed her back her money.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I was a little concerned too. I could just see him coming up with some great plan to double her money by the end of the week.

Emily Jade said...

I was wondering about that!!