Sunday, December 16, 2007

From the Mind of the Great



Don't argue with the title we are all great in our own minds. Sadly this picture was taken after I did my roots, it appears I may have missed a few more spots than I thought. Anyhow, today's topic on my mind is cabin fever. Day one of the snow brought me great joy. I did some beauty maintenance, cleaned my house, spent time with the kids, worked on my classes. It was a great day. Day two not as spectacular. The kids spent most of the day fighting or starting fights. The house started to get messy, and beauty upkeep went to the wayside. I've come up with a few ideas for future indoor days for the winter time:

  1. Make the children put on regular clothes by noon.
  2. Plan some game time, craft time, something for a set time.
  3. Don't let the day get to lazy, it never eats well when this happens. Plus it makes mommy feel guilty.
  4. Laugh laugh laugh
  5. Give the kids the limits on outdoor stuff, such as it has to be above certain degrees, wind can not be blowing where you as the parent can not see out the window, etc.

Please share some of your ideas with me.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Day 2 was obviously spent blogging?!

Unknown said...

How about this one, if you can't see outside your windows you aren't driving anywhere; even if your future in-laws don't understand.

Emily Jade said...

LOL Wendy!!! I wondered where this spurt came from :O)

I have movies that are special for these purposes - that knocks about 3 hours out of the day. Planning and making lunch helps take a chunk out too. Video game marathon WITH mom involved (no matter how badly you may suck).

Just some thoughts...