Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hold On




"Hold on.....don't grow up so fast" I knew when she wanted help with her make up and asked me to straighten her hair something was up. She looked beautiful especially for a Saturday morning. Since she is not playing basketball but is still part of the team she goes to all the games, but dresses up somewhat. I asked her why the need for all the extras she said she just wanted to. I knew there was more to that, but figured I was just over thinking it. When she came home she was giving me all the regular info...which was they won another game, now 6 and 0. Then she started giving me stories of this one said this that one said that. I started noticing there was a lot of boys names mentioned. I asked her, and she said that the 7th grade boys had a game that morning and stayed for the girls game. AHA...my mother instinct was right. Long story short she had a good time. Where has the time gone that my biggest worry for her was whether or not she was going to eat the playdoh or not?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It's so hard to let them grow up (even though we can't stop them). But asking for help with hair is a definitely a sign that somethings up.

Unknown said...

You should always be concerned when Maddie asks for hair help...she did look gorgeous though. I'm glad she still gets to go to games and stuff, even if it's just to meet boys.