Monday, December 3, 2007

Birthday Week





This week is my baby girl's 13th Birthday!! Her birthday is Thursday, so I will be posting up some pictures, and sharing some moments of the last 13 years with Madeline Rae. I was blessed to be able to be pregnant with my dear friend Emily. It was nice to be able to share everything I was going through with her. Our daughters are 2 weeks 2 days, and 2 minutes apart. To this day as different as our girls are when they get together it's like they've always known each other, and talk and talk and talk. Maddie was a good baby, toddler years were a little tricky, and then there was school age years (sigh). She has always been very very creative. She has always preferred to pick up a sketch pad any day than play with dolls, barbies, etc. She never ate playdoh, and is still tempted to this day to jump in a mud puddle. She likes to read, draw, listen to music, and play her sports. Her favorite sport is softball, even though she has never had a winning season with the team. She has the biggest heart in the world, patience far greater than myself, but she has a fiery temper when she has had enough.
Maddie is her nickname. I told myself that I was always going to call her Madeline never Maddie. That lasted till the toddler years. Once you have to start calling their name it's all down hill from there. Me and her would stay up all night and sleep all day. This of course back fired on me as soon as Brandon was born. She was and is a great big sister to him. She fights with him all the time, but will protect him always. He is still her 'little bubby'.
The pictures up top are her at 2 with Brandon. Brian, Heather, and Maddie (4 months) at Easter time. And the last one today is of her (I think around 2 or 3) with Grami.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New background...nice. You are a very caring person, giving of your heart and devoted to your family. Some people would pay alot of money to have what you've got. I'm very proud of you. Love...Mom

Emily Jade said...

Love the background! I SO remember Mads at that age :O) Sometimes don't you miss it?

Unknown said...

Maddie Rae was the sweetest little baby, I still remember her spitting up all down my shoulder one of the first times I fed her...those wonderful baby moments, I cannot wait to experience all of them with my own!!!

Emily Jade said...

Since when is baby ack a wonderful baby moment?

Unknown said...

Since Maddie Rae was the cutest baby ever