Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It was her night to shine




Last night was extremely busy for us. Madeline had a game, a choir concert, and Brandon had basketball try-outs. At the game Madeline scored a basket, had many rebounds and the part of the game that the crowd went nuts chanting her name was her aggressiveness at blocking. She blocks like a shining star. The games have become very intense with each passing year. Then immediately following the game was her choir concert at the other school. (They are right there together almost like a campus.) She finally got a speaking part in a Christmas concert. (It's only been 14 yrs.) Anyway she was so excited. I will say this for a Christmas concert at the school they had real lyrics about Jesus. They spoke His name (I've never heard that at public school concerts). They sang songs that I remember Christmas to be, about Bethlehem, waiting for the King....it was very nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME> LETS GIVE HIM PRAISE. HE is always on TIME. I am very proud of you all, LOVE you all much,,,,,Mamaw

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of Madeline although I can not watch her play basketball.
Her aggressiveness is just too much for me. Needless to say I have been grounded from Madeline's games by Madeline. I wonder if she will ever "unground" me. Love her alot.