Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Merry Christmas"


Well the holidays are upon us. So far my "pre" holiday has been super busy. As all of us are going through the balancing act of keeping up with our daily duties and the holiday duties. For those of you who have husbands helping you wrap gifts, please don't forget to thank them. (Mine is not a wrapper.) Anyway this year just hasn't felt a lot like Christmas to me, so I focused on the reason for the holiday. I tried to keep singing praises every chance I got, and tried to imagine what it was like that very first Christmas. It brought a new light in me about Christmas and returned that special Christmas spirit. All of this being said the stores still carried that same merchandise holiday blah, and everyone would say "happy holidays", but no "Merry Christmas". It bothered me, and I would always respond with Merry Christmas. It was frigid cold out the other night the cold wind kept sending a freezing chill to my bones, and I still returned the shopping cart back into the coral. There was a man returning his also and he stopped to tell me "Merry Christmas". It completely took me by surprise I got tears in my eyes. I replied with "May God Bless you and your family this Christmas". He patted my shoulder all shock up "He already has."

2 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad to see you have the Christmas Spirit. We sometimes get so busy with the "rush" we overlook the "specials"....you were blessed just because you slowed down. In the bitter cold someone blessed you..who knows..maybe it was one of God's angels...(they do come in all sizes and shapes)..Merry Christmas honey..we are all blessed..we have each other. Love...Mom

Anonymous said...

dear michell.
We are surley blessed this Christmas. WE are all able to get around and take care of our selves.
I'm very thankful you are saying Merry Christmas tiis year. you proably made that person night, knowing that someone else knows the reason for the season .just like him, GOD Blrss you for letting your light shine. Proud of you, love you lots. mamaw payne