Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some of the festivals





Since Maddie became queen we spend a lot of time on the weekends at festivals. The irony to this is we are usually not a festival kind of family. Since we all started eating healthier the food at these places are not as appealing as they once were. We get up super early on a festival day to dress in full gown and try to prepare for the day the best we can. There is usually a breakfast, lunch, or dinner to try to attend followed by a parade line up, the parade itself, a introduction and thank you speech, and then more meet n greets. Now so far I'm able to swing back at some point and pick up Bub, but at some of the farther out festivals Brandon will be traveling with us. It is a long day with several sunscreens reapplications. I was worried that we may spend a lot of money at these festivals, but I was wrong. The kids take the festivals as a job and have fun with their friends.

The pictures are from our firemen's festival, basket festival, and the erie co. fair. It was a special treat for Maddie & Sierra to meet Miss Ohio and Miss Vacationland. Maddie is looking forward to watching the Miss America pageant in Jan. to see Miss Ohio.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

So beautiful! Again, I have to say I love that dress in the taupe brown color. It looks amazing with Maddie's hair!

By the way, I love the couponing. I have to ask, do you find yourself buying things you don't need just because you have a coupon? That has been my couponing dilemma in the past??!

Unknown said...

I only buy items I don't need if they are less than 50 cents, and items I can't use if they are free. Now here is my reasoning I make up gift baskets with these items and use them for birthdays etc especially on make-up and those products, because they work great w/the teenagers. Some of the other items go in gift baskets and are raffled off or given away with other organizations I belong to. I have no problem letting cpn expire there is this military org. that gets them & somehow benefits from them.