Sunday, August 14, 2011

School Shopping & Coupons


I'm exhausted. It's been a full weekend with shopping etc. and I still have to attend a festival tomorrow.

I have two teenagers 16 and 14. A junior and a freshman. The junior has a college class this year and the freshman has expensive taste. That being said let me tell you about the school shopping part of the weekend.

Maddie I started a couple weeks ago I found great deals and purchased quality bras, undies, socks, jeans, and a few tops for $50 (I've never done that good before). Today she picked up a pr of sneakers for $18 and a jean skirt and top for $20. A book bag that I'd never seen before for $11. She needed a graphing calculator this thing has been driving me crazy looking for deals. I priced matched one from Target to Staples. $125 originally priced matched it to $90 and used a 15% off pass to make it 76.30.

All pens, pencils, folders, binders, white out, notebooks, and paper I've been watching and using coupons all summer. The total after today is $15 and that should last all school year.

Now for Brandon my expensive taste child. He hit a growth spurt mid summer and required all new jeans so for the time being he didn't require any new ones. One pair of jean shorts $7. He doesn't like fancy book bags he wanted a plain duffel bag cost $10. He purchased some jerseys this summer so I only needed to buy some plain color t-shirts cost $6 for two. Price matched and couponed undies & socks $14. The shoes which had to be bought at the mall I checked ahead of time and downloaded cpns for possible stores he wanted. Total with tax $62. Bonus signed up for email and get a $10 coupon that I can take the receipt back in w/in 7 days and use that cpn. so brings the total down to $52.

I did better this year than ever before. My kids are getting older and even though their things cost more they take care of their things and make them last longer. Growth spurts never come when their is a sale, and losing weight only makes clothes hang on you. So I do the best I can along the way.

No comments: