Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My little coupon world

Couponing is a staple for me as of late. I discovered a very relaxing time of day when I'm printing and cutting my coupons, lol. I'm not an extreme couponer not even close, but I do like to save at least 50% every transaction. That includes everything from groceries, household needs, make-up, clothing, and extra activities. If I don't have a coupon it usually doesn't get bought. I'm a couponer of the next generation. Yes I still get the Sunday paper and clip, but I also print them off from online. (I even coupon my printer ink) I even price match from store to store. So for example when I go to Walmart I have about 5 other store ads in hand to price match items at the register. The kids love the benefits from coupons they even want store coupons when they go to the store for themselves, but they hate going to the grocery store with me and my coupons and price matching. I do spend some time with this, but so far I think it's worth it.

I also am getting to the point where I get free samples in the mail, and by watching the ads and clipping the coupons there is a lot of items I get for free right at the store. Some highlights this month have been free full size toothpaste (I don't pay over a quarter for toothpaste anymore), free lotion again don't pay for lotion anymore, name brand make-up for less than $3, hair dye for less than $3 a box, most of my laundry detergent is free or pretty close to it, I have enough school supplies for the entire school for less than $10.

The groceries are down to 50% but I have to really watch here because I have to stick to things my family will actually eat and not be tempted by prepackaged foods.

My extended family (mom & pooh) are not embracing my couponing mind set. I call them the anti-coupon, lol. They tease me something fierce, but I keep on beating to my own drum.

No comments: