Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Week of School Done


It was a lot more trying than I anticipated. Not to mention completely exhausting. Let me try to paint the teenage picture for you from my point of view:
  • Monday...no school, but no added extra break either. We did the fair thing. Now I mention this because getting her ready for any event isn't a 5 min ordeal. Yes she's older so she gets herself ready of course. My part comes in on helping find the right shoes, necklace, earring, etc. Plus me helping with the hair and still yet the make-up. For these events she wears more make-up but doesn't want it to look that way. See how all this plays out. Now after the day is done getting the teens to bed isn't even close to easy. An added bonus we got to see Heather & Gabe so it made the fair a lot better for me.
  • Tuesday...first day of school. They run on pure adrenaline, I of course take an immediate power nap. They come home filled to the brim of high school "stuff" for lack of a better word. Brandon seems to have a good first day; he is my child I worry about with social skills. Maddie did not have a good first day, oh happy happy day. I had book club that night, and I couldn't have been happier to get there.
  • Wednesday...the question comes up why do they have to sit us alphabetically? I have no idea. Homework starts coming in. Brandon has all honor classes so he actually pulled out books, I was impressed seeing how I've not seen him actually study before. Maddie does some hw before drivers ed and the rest when she returns. Drama has been present for two days so it didn't surprise me that she didn't want to talk about it.
  • Thursday...I wanted to bury my head in the sand. I had to reschedule a driving appt. I followed all rules and gave more than a 24hr. notice but it seemed that they gave Maddie a hard time the night before and when I called they gave me a very very negative report on her driving. Now if it was her driving so to say fine, but they reported on her attitude. After they replayed the previous evening I was not convinced that it was Maddie's attitude as much as the instructor. I was polite, but it was a touchy subject all day. I explained to Maddie on what was expected of her and told her that you were going to find people like this out there in life, sadly. Then we had to quickly get ready and go back out to the fair. It was a long night and she didn't get her hw done to well in the night. Bub had spent the evening at the vet with Grammy & Lily, but his hw was done.
  • Friday...everyone was super tired but quiet. We were all in bed early.
It was an emotional roller coaster ride all week. I'm hoping for better results this week. The week looks full already, but hopefully we learned some things last week that worked and didn't work. Plus I'm putting crock pot meals back in since they all have different evening schedules. Next weekend is labor day and we are packed full all next weekend with festivals, but we will have a good time. Have a good week everyone. On a side note this is our bean tree I never knew it was there till the other day, how sad is that. The kids favorite apple tree was hit by lightning the other night and had to be cut down, very sad.

No comments: