Saturday, March 29, 2008

One Hour At A Time

As all of us mothers know there are many nights that we don't get sleep. Usually this is very true when our children are very young and they've had a fever, cough, colic, or the flu. As our children get older it is easier for the most part. Tonight is one of those kinda nights that is a little harder. For the last week my family has been hit by some kind of flu bug. Tonight Brandon has woke up several times coughing, and Madeline has been up and in the bathroom most of the night. As any good mother does I've rubbed heads, backs, prepared cold wash cloths, refilled water cups, supplied fresh clothes, and held hair back when it was needed. Now as soon as I get them back to somewhat sleeping state I pray. As I'm praying for the youngest two I say a special prayer for the oldest and my new grandchild. It seems that the grandbaby is trying to come a little early. I pray for all of them until I get peace, and then I go back to rubbing heads, backs, etc. I share all of my business with you all to say...it's going to be okay. It's easier sometimes to hold your baby in your arms and rock them to sleep. Once they out grow your arms you hold their hand. Once they don't hold your hand you hold their hair. And once they out grow living with you you continue to hold their spot in your heart that connects you to them and continue to love and pray and be there...just as you always have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your prayers, our little man needs to stay in place for at least seven weeks (10 weeks would would be ideal) in order for his little lungs to function without assistance. Keep him in your thoughts as we go through the next two, long months.

I hope everyone is feeling better, being sick is hard enough, but being sick over a school vacation is the worst!

Anonymous said...

What is the miracle? God touching our precious children or being a mother? When it's a matter of the heart, only God understands. What's so sad is when mothers have never prayed for the children. Being a mother never stops, through thick and thin.

Emily Jade said...

yeesh...I almost cried!!