Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baby Lunch






Today we had a baby shower/lunch with the family. There was some plans that went a little off center so we threw a baby lunch with the immediate family. It was very nice. (It's always good when I get to see Heather no matter what the reasoning is.) We had the baby try on a few outfits in the above pictures. I think he looks very handsome with them on. Yes I know the cake has pink flowers on it, but Bub liked the heart that was on it. When shopping off Heather's registry I noticed there was no baby wipes on the registry. I asked Heather about this and she told me she didn't think shopping for wipes was fun so she didn't put them on there. I think she thinks she may not need wipes. Wipes, diapers, and receiving blankets was the one thing I couldn't have enough of with my children, maybe times have changed. Maybe. It was a lovely day, and next time I see her the baby will be here. Yeah!!! I know that Heather is not biologically my child, but she's always been one of my daughters. Even though she has a mother who loves her very much and has always been there. I'm more of a back up type I guess. Heather holds that place in my heart, and this baby will hold a place right next to her. It's hard to explain unless you've been here, but it's special nonetheless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yesterday was so much fun! Thank you very much for throwing it for us. I sure hope the baby doesn't mind trying on ALL his clothes once he comes out of my belly, maybe he'll be like his uncle Bub and take major pride in his appearance.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see Heather and Casey. Everyone is growing up on me!