Saturday, February 16, 2008

Quick update


Here's an update on the little things going on in our life. Brandon is still in his basketball season until March. He is doing a lot better, but I don't think he will do it next season. Only time will tell. He made it to the spelling bee this year and was delighted over that fact, but he got out early. He completely missed what the word was. He says next year he'll ask for a sentence to verify the word. Baseball is around the corner for him, and he's already wanting to go to the batting cages when he's not practicing basketball. Madeline has signed up for track. Yes you heard me right (I'm not even going to comment about this yet.) Track starts in March. She is seriously thinking about skipping softball this year. (We'll see) She is fighting through her grades this quarter. I've never seen her grades this far all over the map. She also was in the spelling bee, but purposely got out first. Her reasoning was she didn't want to look bad towards the end of the contest with really hard words, so she switched up an 'or' for an 'er'. (Sometimes as a parent you take a really deep breath and count to ten before you even tackle this kind of reasoning with your kid.) I received a clean bill of health from the gyno. The family doctor not so lucky. Just a cholestrol problem still hoovering over me that I will continue to keep an eye on. Started looking for a job in my field there are no current positions at the local hospitals but this can change daily. I'm still plugging away. Have a great weekend everyone, and for those of you that get the three day weekend enjoy it with the ones you love. For those of you angry at the ones you love enjoy the weekend anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come I don't have this picture of madeline??? Did you notice how much taller she is than me? I really must be shrinking in height!

Emily Jade said...

uhhhh...can I send the ones I love to your house for the 3 day weekend?!?