Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Free Hotel Rooms




Yes, I know some of you cringe when I say I got anything for free. And yet others want to know how I get some of these things for free. While yet another small percent constantly say if I didn't have to work full-time I could do that too. Whatever. For those of wanting to know how I did this read on.

Part of the freebies come from "points". I collect points every time I use my debit card as credit, I collect points for entering codes from my husband's soda pop, and my husband collected points on all his over the road lodging. These points programs take about ten minutes of time to enroll if you read everything and ask questions, otherwise it would be about 3 minutes if you type fast.

That being said my husband had collected enough points for items or free hotel rooms. We figured we would use these for vacations or get aways. So this weekend we used his points for 2 rooms, both of them were free.

They were beautiful rooms at the Holiday Inn. I couldn't have asked for a better stay. They were not like so many of the hotels around here, and the staff was actually nice.

Some other freebies or great deals of the weekend was my gas that again I used my giant eagles cents off and was able to get gas for 3.02 a gallon. A 16 x 20 poster of the the court for free w/a coupon. 20 free pictures w/a sale and coupon. Plus all the free samples I received in the mail.

All that being said I'm still paying on the hospital and doctor bills from the shingles episode this summer.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! Thats a nice holiday inn! I did the same thing when I used to travel and overnight a lot. I used frequent flyer miles to fly all the way to Bali and I used my hotel points for about five days stay in the beautiful top rate Conrad Bali Resort. My friend Rach and I had an awesome time and almost for free!

I also got two free tickets that I flew to New Mexico with Isabelle last year to visit the same friend!

Go free points!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...never seen this!