Friday, September 16, 2011

Milan Melon Fest


I know I'm a little behind on this post, but sometimes it takes awhile for things to settle in. I haven't been to the melon festival in years. I'm not a big one for having little mini reunions here's why. For some reason unknown to myself I have a terrible problem recognizing and remembering people from twenty years ago. And it seems that I come off as being snobby and rude, which we all know I'm not. Usually when I run into someone and they recognize me I spend the conversation trying to figure out who they are.

So I returned kicking and screaming to the melon fest this year, because of my dear daughter. It was a very long day. The morning started off with a tour of milan for the royalty followed by a luncheon, and the parade. The surprising thing to me was the way my daughter viewed a town that I ran around in my youth. She was fascinated with Thomas Edison's birthplace, delighted to see the festival in a town square, everything seemed 'fancy' to her. (A huge sigh from me here) Are you kidding me??? So I paused, put everything I always knew and viewed this riveting town through her eyes. (I can not begin to tell you how hard this was for me.) I did get excited to see the band, but being in a different phase of my life I cheered and hollered when our school's band came through.

No comments: