Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Remembering







I know I already posted today, but I thought I'd post one more. Sadly, this is the time of year I reflect. It should be at the end of the year or the start of the year, but for me it's August. As I was going through pictures today for the blog I ran across some pictures of dear loved ones that are no longer here. I think it would be okay for me to take a little time to remember who they were in my life.


Lowell Morrow, my father-in-law, and my children's grandpa. He passed away last summer of lung cancer. He was a big part of my children's life. He went to the races with Brandon. He was a huge contributor to Madeline's doll collection (she still doesn't take any out of the boxes). He loved his family, and enjoyed all of his grandchildren.


Aunt Brenda, my aunt, and my friend. Aunt Brenda has been gone three years this summer. She made a huge impact on my life. She loved her family. She was one of those aunts that was at all the important events, and at all the unimportant everyday events. I miss her a lot, as does everyone else that she impacted on. She was one of a kind.


Grandma Pearl, my grandma. Grandma Pearl has been gone six years this past winter. My best memories of her was at Easters, and the summer time. She had so many of us grandchildren, and yet she remembered all of our names. She would sit and tell stories. Some of the stories were of relatives, and some were her soaps. I didn't know all the relatives, or all the soaps. The way she could tell a story it didn't matter who the people were I just wanted to hear more.


Grandma Morrow, my children's grandma. She was Lowell's wife, and passed away nine years earlier. She had a fire about her that made people love her. She loved her family and fought for them whenever necessary. She was a very special person in my family's life. She is greatly missed.



No comments: