Monday, August 27, 2007

Chubby Girls




Let me start off by saying I am a chubby girl, always have been. Yes I would like to take off a few extra pounds I've put on over the years for my health most of all. However, I am happy with who I am right now. The weight will come off one day, but I'm not that kind of person who obsesses about it. I can still easily look in the mirror, and say 'I still got it, still looking good today'. It's just the type of person I am. Gotta love yourself! All this being said Norwalk is having a contest titled 'Norwalk's biggest loser' (from the tv show) cash prizes given out to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in female, and male category. The rec is hosting it so they give reduced rate for memberships and encourage healthy eating, and exercise. They don't allow diet pills, or surgery during the contest. I seriously gave it a lot of thought, but thought maybe I would try it one more time on my own before joining. Yesterday was day 1 I ate very healthy for me. I thought okay not to bad, until last night. I can count on my hand how many times I've ever had heartburn (I am fortunate), and after eating healthy for a day I think all the vegetables gave me the worst case of heartburn I've ever had. I think I shocked my system too much, but maybe that's what it needed. I'll give the vegetables one more chance today. Over the last few years I've come up with some great advice for all my chubby girls out there:




  1. A chubby girl should never stick her hand all the way in a Pringles can.


  2. A chubby girl should never let her chubby friend sit on her lap in a weight limited chair.


  3. A chubby girl should always love her herself, and leave the sweat pants at home when going to a public place.


  4. A chubby girl shouldn't indulge in her skinny friends eating binges.


  5. A chubby girl should give serious thought to a string bikini, even though they make them in her size.


This is just my top five chubby girl advice. The bottom line is love yourself, and be proud of who you are.

5 comments:

Emily Jade said...

What about jammie pants in a public place? That's perfectly acceptable, right?

Emily Jade said...

OK...I have a few Chubby Girl Tips after some thought...

1. Chubby girls were not made for an over the head sports bra...you may get it on, but you'll have to have help to cut it off.

2. Chubby girls should never go shopping with skinny friends due to...well, see the rule about the Pringles...

3. Chubby girls should never attempt any form of cartwheel, because there is a moment when your chubby legs & butt are over your head that you WILL start praying to God that you just get vertical again without serious injury.

4. Chubby girls should never wave in a tank top. It suddenly becomes breezy and you'll just wonder why, and well...see the rule about the Pringles...

5. Chubby girls should always walk proudly - 'cause speed walking would just kill us :O)

Wendy said...

Too funny! You two are killing me! Of course it's all very sound advice!

Anonymous said...

Oh Em those are too cute, and oh so right. As a chubby girl putting on a sports bra is more like rolling it down and over, and to get it off your right someone has to help you cut it but that is usually after the fact that you are in some tangled up mess.

Emily Jade said...

I'm suprised Noel could hear me yelling...since I DID manage to get the damn thing over my face, but it apparently got hung up on some fat roll that I hadn't discovered on my back. Rolled my hair up and everything...

Here's another Chubby Girl tip -

Never wear one of those stretchy camisole thingies - EVEN UNDER A BLAZER - unless you know your undies are high enough, and tight enough to tuck it into...