Saturday, August 25, 2007

Getting Ready For School


School is starting in just a few days, so at our house we are preparing. The kids have had their physicals, dentists appt., and even the eye doctors this year. Brandon had to get glasses for the first time. He is not happy at all about this. Maddie's prescription even changed so much that she needed new glasses. We have done the school shopping etc. We are now fine twecking our schedules. Bed time is hard for them to adjust to, but we're working on it. The calendar has already been marked, and the kids have already highlighted the days off. Shoes are been laced correctly (why do shoes not come prelaced). So I'm thinking okay we are doing well until Maddie gives me her list of worries. Her biggest one seems to be being late for school (since they now give out detentions for this, or so she thinks). So to ease her fears we got her an alarm clock, and put Grami in charge of giving us a quick ring in the mornings before she leaves for work. I thought the alarm clock would be enough for her to be unworried. It wasn't until I let her know Grami would call us in the morning to make sure we were up and moving did she relax. I guess that's just another quality that grandma's have. I would like to think yeah mommy made all your worries go away, but it was grami who made this one all better.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to think I'm more than an alarm clock but if it wasn't for Kathy calling me every morning, I'd be late a lot! I'm grateful Maddie has that much confidence in me. I'll try not to let her down! Grami!

Anonymous said...

Brandon is very handsome in his glasses!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the glasses...He looks a little to much like dad though (LOL)
Heather!

Danielle said...

So fun! Not looking forward to this myself, tho. I don't want time to tick away so quickly!!