Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

I would have love to have posted some halloween pictures for you, but due to family members still not sending them to me I do not have any. So this post will have some old photos. Anyhow, moving on to trick or treating night. My kids are really too old for trick or treating, but they still enjoy the festivities. Madeline stayed with Grami and Levi and worked on some homework. Brandon was excited, because he also knew this was his last trick or treat year. Brandon dressed up as a caveman, and was ready to go with Aunt Poohie. Aunt Poohie highly encouraged me to go walking with them this year. So off we went to trick or treat. We (Pooh) decided to walk from mom's house to downtown Norwalk, and hit the streets in between. Okay sounds like a plan. There was only about 3 houses between mom's and downtown that we hit. Now if you've ever been to Norwalk you know that it's a pretty safe and low key kind of town. However, as we began to walk we noticed that we were on a street that had no street lights. Pooh being always prepared brought out the pumpkin flashlights for us to carry. Great!!! Well that's we when started to notice all the graffiti on the abandoned building, the broken glass all over the sidewalks, and lets not forget the used pregnancy test also laying on the sidewalk. At this point Wendy and myself decide to pick up the pace and get to downtown as quick as possible. The kids had a delightful time trick or treating and even Lola got to come along. Now after it's all said and done we know we must travel down the dark almost too quiet street, so again we picked up the pace, except this time Pooh was carrying Sienna, and Bonnie & Clyde had decided to complain the entire way home. I was never so glad to see Mom's house in all my life. At this point I must confess I too complained about how tired my legs were. My mistake on so many levels, because what did Maddie say...."Mom I run two hours straight six days a week for basketball, and you tell me it's good for me." I stopped complaining and told her how proud I was of her.

No comments: