Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bring On Monday



Yes that's right I'm looking forward to Monday. Sometimes the weekends are rougher than other. This weekend was packed as the weekends sometimes get.
The kids got the flu last Thursday night and are still trying to recover. It use to be a lot simpler when the kids got sick. They were sick and mommy took care of them. Now they get sick mommy takes care of them and before they are even better they are trying to negotiate continuing on with their social lives. Both kids had a busy social calendar for the weekend, and as long as they weren't in the bathroom and had fever reducing medicine they thought they should be allowed to go do what they wanted for the weekend.
Brandon didn't go to school Friday, and all plans for Saturday were squashed. Today came along and his last football game was today in the wind, cold, and drizzling rain. We argued about him not going, and he won against my better judgement and went. He played and if he didn't feel good I would obviously be the last to know. Brandon is not keen on the phrase 'I told you so'. He seems to be doing better still not eating meals more like picking a few foods instead. (Popsicles!!, but h
ey I'm just mom)
Madeline didn't go to school Friday, but was holding her own better than Bub. She argued with me Saturday night about the dance at school that I squashed (cuz she wasn't at school Friday), and she won out going to a small gathering at a friends house for a couple hours. She called to have me pick her up because her fever and flu symptoms returned. She was rough so I held off on the 'I told you so' speech. Today she rested at home with Grami looking after her while we were at the game. (Thanks mom)
So by all means bring on Monday!!



No comments: