Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Know, I Know



I know it's been quite awhile since I posted. Lots has been going on. I have some blogging to catch up on. This is Brandon's 'Fun Run' day where kids from all over the area including all kinds of schools run almost a mile for fun. (To each their own) Brandon loves this type of thing. He didn't place in the top ten, but he still did better than I expected. He had a good time, and it was something new for me to see (the running for fun thing). I did notice something entirely different from the parents I usely encounter at sports events. There were parents actually running next to their child throughout the race coaching them through breathing exercises, and telling them how to stretch their leg muscles. I was blown away by this. Not that it's bad or anything, just different. We learn something new everyday I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of that boy for doing that! He is a "go getter". Next year he may run a marathon!